TITLE: Weekend Guest Services Assistant
HOURS: Part-time, 21 hrs/week, weekends, occasional weekdays
START DATE: August 9, 2021
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Office Administrator and Facilities Coordinator
The Office Assistant (weekend staff) provides a warm, welcoming reception to guests to Galilee, supports guests with their ongoing needs, and performs various office duties as required by the Office Administrator.
Galilee Centre is a three-story centre (no elevator) that offers accommodations, meals, and conference facilities. The Office Assistant (weekend staff) will be working independently in the front office. There will be some physical lifting required, such as guests’ luggage, chairs and tables, etc., as well as the need to walk up and down stairs as required.
- Welcoming and supporting guests and offering hospitality at Galilee
- Providing orientation for new guests and, where desired, a history of Galilee
- Assist with operating the wheelchair lift as required
- Carrying luggage, setting up tables, chairs, flipcharts, projector, etc., as needed.
- Making up a room, if required on an as needed basis
- Answering the telephone, responding to inquiries, and forwarding messages to relevant individuals
- Various office functions including but not limited to: photocopying, stuffing, sorting and addressing mail, and data entry
- Help with laundry as needed; replace towels for guests; and other assistance with hospitality
- Closing fire doors, checking exterior doors, inspecting rooms upon guest departure, and checking hot plates and candles in dining room during and at end of each shift
- Collect garbage in washrooms at end of each shift
- Clean bathrooms
- Assist kitchen and dining room staff with serving meals as needed
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma; college diploma an asset
- Office experience, knowledge of office equipment, basic computer and social media skills (MS Word based) required
- Enthusiastic to working in a spiritual retreat centre
- Experience working with the public in the hospitality service industry
- A warm, courteous personal and telephone manner
- Punctual, ability to work independently
- Personal initiative and commitment to Galilee’s mission and vision
- Familiarity with the history and current activities of Galilee (training will be provided)
- Maintain CPR/First Aid and WHMIS certification (provided through Galilee Centre).
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revised – July 14/MP