Galilee Centre Acceptable Use Policy
Galilee Centre is committed to maintaining a safe, secure and stable network/internet connection for our staff and guests to use. As a consequence certain activities are restricted by the following acceptable use policy (AUP).
Due to limitations of our network and connection, No electronic device on the network may act as a server of any kind without prior written consent from the Galilee Centre staff (Additional fees may apply.)
The Galilee Centre’s guest internet services may not be used for any of the following at any time:
- Any activities which violate local, provincial, or federal laws.
- Distribution of any material which violates local, provincial, or federal law.
- Cracking or Hacking: Attempting to circumvent or bypass user authentication or security of any host, network, or account on the Galilee Centre’s systems or the Internet is forbidden.
- “Denial of service”, “DDOS”, or any other network or internet-based attacks of any kind are forbidden. Use of Galilee Centre’ systems or networks (willfully or negligently) in a manner that encumbers bandwidth, or the operation of network hardware so as to interfere with others’ normal use of internet services at the Galilee Centre, or any other location is forbidden.
- Attempting to force a server off-line or slow down our internet connection/internal network is prohibited.
- Use of TCP, or UDP port scanners to scan remote networks without the express written consent of that networks’ administrator is prohibited.
- Dissemination of spam and/or viruses, whether knowingly or as the result of a worm or virus on your computer, is prohibited. Attempting to send any virus or malicious material including any type of “Out of Band” packet to any other Internet user or network device is prohibited.
- Spamming is prohibited. Example: Sending unsolicited mass mailings of any nature.
- Forging any email header to obscure the originator of the message.
- Sending any type of harassing email, either by language, size, or frequency. This includes sending email or instant messages to any person who has asked explicitly that you do not.
- The posting of pornographic or otherwise indecent or offending materials. Galilee Centre is the sole arbiter of what constitutes “indecent” or “offending.”
- Unauthorized use of copyrighted or trademarked material.
- Distribution of any software or materials in violation of any copyright or distribution licenses.
- The unauthorized use of “torrent” software or other mass file-sharing software. Written permission must be granted by Galilee Centre administration.
- The posting of slanderous or defamatory materials or articles.
The Galilee Centre reserves the right to restrict or terminate service without refund in the event of an AUP violation. The Galilee Centre also reserves the right to take action on abuse which is not specifically named in this AUP at the sole discretion of the Galilee Centre. Use of the Galilee Centre’s network and Internet constitutes understanding and agreement of this policy. Any and all legal expenses incurred by Galilee Centre resulting from failure to follow AUP guidelines will be borne by the network user responsible for the infraction.